Gamlingay Records held another acoustic night at the Crown and Cushion in Great Gransden last night. A whole host of people played in so many styles that we had lost count of them all by the end of the evening . . . or maybe that was the excellent beer!
- First up, a folk troupe including Andy from Sandy (http://www.the-musicroom-sandy.co.uk/)
- Matt White then played some classical guitar
- Jennifer Hunt played the Northumbrian Small Pipes
- Just William and the Outlaws played a short set. This band appeared at last year’s Gamlingay Records Battle of the Bands and were just as good in a (mostly) acoustic format
- Maggie, Eleanor and Jasmine Hunt played a Biffy Clyro song
- Simon Dean, back by popular request, showed off his fantastic guitar-playing and vocal talent and brought the house down with a bluesy version of Whole Lotta Rosie
- I played 2 of my own songs with Viola and Hardanger Fiddle accompaniment and 3 covers. I think I even got a clap at one point . . .
- Wayne Hipgrave and his band played all great sorts of things including a fantastic version of Whiskey in the Jar – his band having come on leaps and bounds since last outing. Wayne was his usual amazing self and was joined by Paul Currell for With or Without You
- Alexis Lloyd was suffering from a lost voice, but still got through 5 songs including 2 Adele tracks and a Pixie Lott number. Special thanks have to go to Kirsty and Michelle for traveling for an hour and half to witness the show.
- Graham and Nick played, Nick having performed at the last Crown and Cushion night
- Paul Currell played, and finally Will Day closed the evening with covers and originals.
However for the last three I was driving madly around Cambridgeshire looking for two lost grandparents, so I couldn’t tell you want they played . . .. Can anyone tell us? Anyway a great night was had by all to a packed pub
Same again please on May 4th . . .